Customer pick ups are available by appointment only. Our sales staff will contact you once your order has been processed to schedule your pick up time. Pick up times are Monday through Friday, 8am – 4pm. Extended pickup hours are available in June and July.
To ensure that your wholesale pick up goes as smoothly as possible, please adhere to the following:
- Once your order has been pulled and prepped, your Winco sales representative will contact to you schedule your pick up appointment.
- Please wait for our sales team to schedule an appointment for you before visiting us. We are always happy to see you, but your order will not be ready if your appointment has not been scheduled.
- Please arrive on time for your pick up appointment! This date and time is specific to each customer and will ensure your order will be ready for you.
- We cannot make changes to your order during your pick up appointment. The order will be prepared by our warehouse in advance and they will be ready to load your vehicle. Any changes may forfeit your pick up window and require rescheduling on a different day.
- Bring a vehicle large enough to accommodate your entire wholesale order. Wholesale cases of fireworks can be very large, and a compact car will not have enough space for most orders. We recommend: Pickup trucks, cargo vans, and trailers!
Need help deciding which vehicle to bring? See our guide, “The Right Vehicle Size for Your Warehouse Customer Pick Up”
- When you arrive, check in at the office located between the two sets of docks. There will be employee/visitor parking marked and there is a sign on the door reflecting “Winco Fireworks”. When checking in, you will receive your paperwork/placards (if applicable), meet with your sales rep, and provide any applicable payment for your order. Once complete, our staff will direct you to the designated loading area.
- Please do not enter the warehouse. To ensure the safety of both our customers and staff, we ask that you do not enter the warehouse at any point during your visit. Our warehouse team will bring your order to you once you have completed check in and moved to the loading area.
You will be provided placards and required to sign a Bill of Lading before transporting hazardous materials (fireworks) from our premises. If you are not familiar with D.O.T. shipping regulations and are not hazmat certified, we highly recommend having your order shipped to maintain compliance.
Our staff and shipping carriers have all the necessary training and certifications to ensure that your fireworks are transported safely and securely. See Regulatory Information for more information.